Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Kid's Back

Boston is filled with a lot of hateful people. Why? I'm not entirely sure but I know two of the biggest contributing factors. Half the population is ignorant drunken college students, and the weather is wet and cold and altogether shitty. Luckily both of these conditions are only true about nine months out of the year. Boston in late Spring and Summer is paradise.

I can ride my bike wearing only mesh shorts and slip-ons through the empty financial district streets late at night...
The Green Line transforms into a hot, sticky, cesspool, of flesh and lust...
Buxom female joggers run back and forth along the esplanade...

So the first slightly warm day of the year reminds me of why I still live in this city, which was today. I think we peaked at 61 degrees. It was kinda rainy but it didn't matter it still made me feel like this kid...



Here's pop troubadour Jonathan Richman putting this feeling into song.

No comments: