Thursday, April 15, 2010

Caricatures

I've been thinking about making some quick scratch on the side doing caricatures this summer. Here's some quickie self caricatures I made with a chisel tip sharpie. These come pretty quick. I can do one of these sharpie caricatures in two or three minutes.

The cliche, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', becomes very clear when you scrutinize your face in this way. I thought a couple of times, "Christ! How did I ever convince so many girls to kiss me? I'm hideous!" and then there were other times when I was thinking, "Damn… you're a handsome man!"

You figure out your most distinguishing features pretty quickly. For me it's my oversized wrinkly forehead, crooked nose, unibrow, groomed but somehow still scruffy hair and beard, and my long girly eyelashes. It's funny how the human brain can reduce something so complex as a human face to just a few signature details. Enjoy Cliff's Notes me, everybody.






Here's a couple of quickies of my friends too. Just wanted to get a quick likeness. I worked these at top speed.


No comments: