Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Secrets


Listen... shhh... do you want to know a secret... shhh... do you promise not to tell?

"Yeah, tell me a secret. It will bond us close. The secrets we keep from others will be the glue that ties our relationship together. You need me around to keep the secret. You don't want it revealed to strangers do you! That's what'll keep us together, baby! Me and you. Together, forever fenced in, huddled on top of each other in our cell of secrets. That's why I love you, sweetheart. You tell me things you don't let others know, because you can trust me to keep your nasty little secrets in my mental lock box."

Me, I can't keep secrets. I suck at it. That's why nobody really likes me. That's why I'm so lonely. :(

But, hey! I don't want to keep secrets! I don't want anybody blackmailing me. Let me show a passage in the Tao Te Ching which will help illuminate this point.

13 (50)
A person comes forth to life and enters into death.
Three out of ten are partners of life,
Three out of ten are partners of death,
And the people whose every movement leads them to the land of death because they cling to life
Are also three out of ten.
Now,
What is the reason for this?
It is because they cling to life.
Indeed,
I have heard that
One who is good at preserving life
Does not avoid tigers and rhinoceroses when he walks in the hills;
Nor does he put on armor and take up weapons
When he enters a battle.
The rhinoceros has no place to jab its horn,
The tiger has no place to fasten its claws,
Weapons have no place to admit their blades.
Now,
What is the reason for this?
Because on him there are no mortal spots.




I ain't reavealin' no mortal spots to no one! Or maybe I am? Hmmm... I confused myself.

No comments: