Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What About This?



I saw this in the Metro in the bathroom in my office. Arriving to work sweaty the number one reason why most American women don't ride bikes? Can this be for real?

If it is then I am convinced that America won't pick itself up out of the pit it's in. I blame office culture. The white collar 9 to 5 lifestyle has totally warped people's minds. Unless we can shake that there's no hope for us. I'm glad I work in an enlightened office where I don't have pressure to play vanity games.

Besides riding a bike to work is probably the best thing you can do for yourself and for the people around you. It keeps the rider fit, cuts down on air pollution, cuts down noise pollution(!), saves you TONS of money, wakes you up in the morning, and keeps you connected to the world around you. If you live within 5 miles from where you work and have legs that work it's the ideal commute. Your health and the quality of the environment around you will only improve by riding a bike.

Can anyone make a counter-argument?

2 comments:

Kenny P. said...

I'm with you. I haven't been riding to work lately, but I enjoy doing it.

And, look how they spelled "wheels."
It makes me suspicious about the validity of the survey results.

Adam Tavares said...

I didn't even notice that. But it's not too surprising The Metro is the least respected free newspaper in Boston.