Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Scummy AT&T


Oh, jeepers... seems like the web interface used to drop overpriced data and text messaging plans from my account isn't working. Oh it's probably just a little snafu. I'm sure qualified technicians are looking into the problem. You know how these computers are. Such touchy little devils.

Looks like I'll have to call the old fashioned automated phone system and talk to robots with my mouth instead of my fingers to sort this out. Guess I'll do that.

** dials number and plays the touchtone navigation game **

Turns out the robots can't help me... this operation is far too complex to leave to machines... I need a qualified customer support technician to talk to the machine for me... this is a delicate operation after all, and hey it's nice to talk to a human every once in a while.

** robot voice informs me the offices are closed and I should call back tomorrow during normal business hours for my region **

Hmm... that's funny. I know it's election day here in the U.S. and a lot of businesses are closed, but AT&T must have some overseas. It is a huge multinational corporation after all. Can't I talk to a guy from Bombay with a Boston accent instead? Oh well. I guess I'll have to call during normal business hours. Hopefully my boss will let me make this call during my lunch break, otherwise I'll have to take a sick day! I hate to do it though. I only get three of those each year!

No comments: